Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fun Night

Hooray! My Ben is home! I'm so happy to have him home with me. Poor guy is exhausted, but I don't care. He's HOME! He got home after yesterday's football game, and he and KP were SOAKED. Such troopers, sitting thru a losing game while it rained and neither had a rain coat. Of course, not long after the boys got home, they turned on *more* football. Ugh. Luckily I only had to put up with it for a couple hours (and I actually slept thru some of it, yay!) before our friends A&KE arrived for dinner. A and I have been friends for a really long time, so it was great to catch up with her. It was so funny how many of each other's high school stories we had missed out on because our focus was elsewhere...mostly marching band and boys. Ha! We had a great time hanging out (and they brought me cookies!) and I'm so glad they came up. They were going to see a band that night, so we stayed up so late (for me...eleven o clock, holy cow!) and just talked until they had to leave. I think I managed to stay awake for about ten more minutes. But at least I got to snuggle with my Ben! I'm SO glad he's home. So glad.


I forget how it came up, but somehow I started comparing my pregnancy to having braces. It hurts a whole lot at first, and you can't eat certain things, but have to lean towards others. (I even had jaw-realigning 'hinges' when I had braces. My back teeth didn't touch, so I was on a liquid diet for a few weeks every time they were adjusted.) You eventually get used to the changes and then it doesn't hurt so bad. Sure, there are some painful moments here and there, but it's tolerable. And then...the end approaches. You are SO excited, but SO nervous. It's going to hurt. What if something goes wrong? Will everything turn out ok? You go to the doctor, deal with a tremendous amount of pain, and cry for hours. But then, when it's all said and done, it's SO worth it. Tadaa! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment