Sunday, December 18, 2011

Date night!

Last night, Ben and I hired a sitter and had a night out. She came over for dinner, and even our nap-resistant, super-cranky Norybaby seemed to like her pretty well. Nory went to bed just as dinner was done, so the sitter had a super easy time of it. I think she watched Big Bang Theory and a movie. Such a hard job. :) I did really well too. I did keep my phone in my hand, but I didn't check it obsessively. (I did check frequently, but not obsessively.) I didn't call or text the sitter either. Yay confidence!

Ben and I had planned on going out for hot chocolate before going to our movie. Unfortunately, K.Dee's was closed, and there was no parking to be found anywhere near Kathy's Kandies. We ended up going to McDonald's. It was that or Starbucks, and since I've never given a single cent to Starbucks, I didn't want to start now. So McDonald's it was. I got peppermint hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. Ben got peppermint mocha and holiday pies. Custard filled, rainbow sprinkle topped, baked who knows when holiday pies. But they tasted alright and Ben apparently loves them, so he was happy, I was happy, yay happy!

Once we were done with our high class dessert, it was time to go see our movie. Since Ben and I are such mature, classy adults, we went to see a movie that reflected our grown up attitudes. The Muppets! Oh my gosh, we laughed the whole time. So completely funny. The cameos were fabulous, the song and dance numbers were brilliant, and I must own every piece of Amy Adams' wardrobe. Including the shoes. So cute. Oh, and we were the only people in the theatre! Thank makes it so much more fun when you can be loud and not have to worry about other people. There was a certain cameo that just about knocked me out of my chair. I was a bit loud at that point...I just couldn't stop laughing! Honestly, though, my only complaint is that Rizzo had exactly zero lines. I heart Rizzo. Guess I'll just have to watch the Muppet Christmas Carol again. :)

We had a fun discussion waiting for the movie to start. We rarely go to movies. We prefer to watch them at home when we can pause and rewind and make fun of the movie and make lots of popcorn. Oh, and we're cheapskates. The last movie we saw in the theatre was Tangled. I think the next one is going to be Brave. (We saw the trailer and I was SO EXCITED about it.) Let's see...the other movies we've seen at the theatre were...Toy Story 3, (Toy Stories 1&2 in 3D...waste of money), Narnia - Prince Caspian. The only grown up movies we've seen were Clerks 2, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Juno. Oh, and we saw Harry Potter 5. Not sure if that counts as a kids movie or a grown up movie. Anyway.

So glad we got a night out. We really needed to reconnect. That's really the first time we've left her for a stretch of time. We've left her with family or friends, either to go for a drive or to run errands, but this was really the first date. Definitely the first time we've left her with a hired sitter. She offered to come over while Nory is awake if I have to get things done or anything. Since Nory seemed to like her, and doesn't want to take afternoon naps anymore, I may have to take her up on that. I have lots to get done by Christmas! Baking, sewing, decorating, printing, dyeing...busy busy. But fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love nights out! We saw The Muppets the other day and really liked it. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete