Holy cow, this has been a busy house. What lazy days of summer? I'm hoping we get snowed in this winter so I can rest a bit.
This past weekend, Grandma and Lexi both came up to visit. I was running an event for NPEN, so I needed some extra help. Nory and Grandma were pretty much inseparable for the whole weekend. They're buds. The event went really well, Lexi took some fantastic pictures, and Nory was really sweet the whole time. On Monday, a fund raiser I was heading took place, and it seems like that went really well too. So that's two big things off my plate. This coming weekend, we are going to Holiday World. Nory's first trip to HW! First of many many, kiddo. I'm so excited. I can't even tell you. Ben and I will also be celebrating our fifth anniversary. Five years! Traditionally, that's the "wood" anniversary. In these modern times, it's "silverware". I'll take a trip to Holiday World, thanks.
We're also getting a lot of stuff done around the house. Ben put up six quarts of spaghetti sauce (from 50 pounds of tomatoes) for winter. I've been spending some time on Nory's room...she now has a tree on her wall, just waiting for some birds. I also moved her furniture around a bit, found her a new lamp, and I'm currently working on a curtain for her window. Once that's done, I'm putting a shelf up in our entry way, I have things to hang up in our dining room, and then I may get started on some new curtains in the living room. The bathroom has even gotten a little freshening, with more planned. We have some outside plans as well, but those may get pushed back a bit, as we're a) super busy, and b) on a budget.
I'm hoping most of this will get done by the end of fall. We have more traveling to do then, and then holidays will be coming and I want to be able to focus on Nory. I think it'll be fun to see her interacting more with people this year...and I can't wait to put up twinkle lights for Christmas!
So yeah, we're definitely going to have to get snowed in for me to have a chance to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment