Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lesson learned!

I know, I know, I have nearly a month of awesome stuff to catch you guys up on.  And it's coming, I promise.  Part of the reason I've been putting it off is because I know nobody cares about a post unless it has pictures, and I haven't had the energy/motivation to plug my phone into the desktop and sit there and sort pictures into the appropriate folders.  And, as with most tasks, the longer I put it off, the bigger and more overwhelming it becomes, so I put it of longer until I have more time...it's a vicious cycle.  And I've put it off for so long by this point that I have SO many things to talk about, and SO many pictures to share...and all the pictures were still on my phone.

Until I went to look at pictures with Nory yesterday, and they were all gone.  ALL OF THEM.

My gallery was empty, except for the picture I had just taken of Nory.  Her new favorite thing to do is look at pictures of herself on the phone, so after I took the picture, she wanted to see them.  And I only had one picture of her.  I cried.  I was literally in tears over the pictures I had lost.  Her first day of school and her first painting.  Playing at the park with a friend who is moving soon.  "Shaving" with Daddy.  Playing in the rain in her first raincoat.  Special occasions and every day moments that I wanted to remember.  Gone.

I left my phone alone all day.  Ben being the awesome guy he is said he might know of a way to recover the pictures.  So that evening, he spent so much time trying this tactic and that to recover the pictures...but nothing was working.  Until he finally thought to himself "I wonder if everything is connected properly?".  Tadaa!  Turns out my card was a bit loose, so my phone 'couldn't find' my pictures.  But Ben did!  And he copied all of my pictures onto the computer.  And once I get them all moved into the proper places, I will post some of them here, either with one massive update, or lots of smaller ones.  Probably smaller ones. 

And yes, in the future, I will make sure to take pictures off my phone on a regular basis to avoid tears in the future. And then you'll benefit, since pictures will be readily available for new updates!  Because we all know you're only here for the pictures.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I get excited when I see that you posted something new. Of course I love when there are pictures, but I really enjoy you stories about what happens in her life. It helps me to feel more apart of her life an yours. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete