Hi all. I haven't updated the blog in quite a while, mainly because...I'm tired.
We have all been sick. Never at the same time, because then it could be done and over with. Nope, we have to take turns. And somehow, we're all taking turns with different sicknesses. We just can not get on top of things in this house.
We got through the recent storms just fine, despite being only 3ish miles away from a tornado. Our house was not damaged, but I have never seen wind like that in my life. I thought a tree was going to come through our house, and was absolutely terrified because Nory was sleeping upstairs. Yes, she slept through the sirens and our alert radio going off twice each. She's usually not afraid of storms at all, but I think being grabbed out of a nap and Mama running downstairs while hearing fear in Mama and Daddy's voices and seeing crazy wind outside was too much for her. The rest of the day, she was super uncomfortable any time she heard thunder or the wind picked up. She really didn't want Daddy or "Uncle" Kevin to go outside at all. Not having power didn't bother her at all...until she realized she couldn't listen to music. She thought the candles were pretty, but boy was she mad that it was so quiet. After spending one (very messy) night without power, and learning we were possibly facing two more, we accepted a friend's offer of housespace and temporarily moved in. It was so nice to have heat (and music) again! Nory was super happy when we came home to check on the house and we discovered our power was back on. I told her a few times, "Yay, we have power!" and she not only repeated it (over and over) but then started thanking the people for working on our power. I love this kid. She was not happy about leaving her friends' house though. We only got her out the door with the promise that next time, we would invite them to our house and she could help me make dinner for them.
We are so very thankful that our house is undamaged and the only loss we have is the food from our fridge (which seriously needed cleaned out anyway). We know a lot of people weren't so lucky, and our thoughts are especially with "our farmer". His family farm was hit pretty hard, and while they are all safe, there is a lot of damage. We're hoping the farm is ok by planting season, but only time will tell.
So that is where we are currently. Sick and tired, but at least we have music again!
I'm so glad things have settled down. Wish Nory was all better, but at least you get to snuggle.
ReplyDelete