Friday, December 27, 2013

Flashback

This happened a couple months ago, before we had told anyone about the new baby.  My morning sickness was awful, but lucky for me, I have wonderful care takers.  I wrote this at the time, but didn't post.  Nory's being a stinkbug these days, so I thought I would remind myself of her sweeter side.

***

This lovely morning, I could.not.get.up.  I tried.  I tried so many times.  I texted Ben and asked for some dry cheerios.  I texted him again ten mins later.  I called him, but he didn't answer.  Finally, Nory came up to see me.  I told her to go tell Daddy that Mama is sick.  In my head, Nory was going to run to Ben and announce "Mama's sick! Go help her Daddy! Hurry!"  Ha.  She took SO long going back downstairs.  Then, instead of finding Ben, she started playing with her stickers.  Thanks, kid.  When Ben checked on her, she finally announced "Mama is very, very sick."  Don't know where she got the "very, very" part, but it worked.  He brought me cheerios.  She climbed in bed next to me and fed them to me (while counting them).  He brought some of her bedtime board books in, so she read Sleepy Kittens and Llama Llama Nighty Night and Goodnight Moon to me.  It was really super sweet...she kept saying "Mama, I have to feed you!" and I'd get some cheerios.  But then she'd say, "Mama, I have to feed me!" and she'd eat my cheerios.  She ended up eating most of them.  If we can train the "eating the patient's food" out of her, she'd make a wonderful nurse!

1 comment: