Saturday, January 22, 2011

Um...here's an update

First of all: I am officially 20 weeks today! Halfway thru the pregnancy...it's going so fast! Biscuit is about 10 1/2 ounces, and about 10inches head to heel. Such a big Biscuit!

I'm still not feeling Biscuit move very much...usually I have to be laying flat on my back (which is fairly uncomfortable) and I have to stay there for a while and wait. Biscuit seems to like Ben's voice...or maybe is just more active while listening to me talk to Ben. Or maybe it's because I hold still while we're talking (as opposed to walking around while I talk to people at work, you know?) Anyway. Tonight, I'm on the couch watching 'Enchanted' and (of course) I started singing along...How do you knooooooow he loves yoooooou? I think Biscuit likes being sung to...that or (s)he absolutely hates my voice and was trying to get me to stop singing! I hope it was the former...I love to sing and I can't wait to sing to my baby instead of my belly!

In other news, I have the funniest husband ever. Earlier today, we were talking...I don't even know how it started, but before I knew it, Ben was telling me exactly how Biscuit's arrival would happen. It went something like this: "You'll go into labor, and then we'll call our families, and we'll go to the hospital, and then you'll push for like ten minutes and then Biscuit will show up and we'll put the baby right here (he put his hand on my chest) and you'll get to snuggle for a minute and I'll say "Aww what a cute baby!" and then I'll get to hold the baby and you'll say "Aww what a cute baby!" and then we'll go "Zzzzzz" and then your family will show up and say "OMG what a cute baby!!!" and then I'll say "shhhh the baby's sleeping" (and this put a HUGE grin on his face) and then my family will show up and say "OMG what a cute baby!!!" and then I'll say "shhh the baby's sleeping" and then we'll make everybody leave and then we'll go "Zzzzzzz" again because we'll be tired." I think there was a lot more, but that was the jist of it. By the time he was done, I was almost in tears, I was laughing SO hard. But apparently, I will have a fifteen minute labor and get to take naps. Doesn't sound so bad!

I also look very cute in a shirt that my sister made me buy even though I didn't want to. I thought it was too bright for me, but she was right and I was wrong. I don't know why I bother to ever shop for clothes without her.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, so cute! I can't wait. He is crazy, but lovable.

    ReplyDelete