So after the marathon cleaning event, Ben and I made the mistake of going to Menard's. We saw that their shelving was on sale...and we needed shelves both in the kitchen and in the basement...so much shelving was purchased. Pretty shelves for the kitchen, utilitarian shelves for the basement. Ben assembled them all himself, other than me handing him a few things now and then. Our kitchen now feels twice as big with regularly used things on the wall and infrequently used things down in the basement. It's pretty much amazing.
We also brought in our "crystal cabinet" that has been in the garage for almost a year. I had started to strip it down to refinish it, but I hit a creative roadblock. We couldn't agree where to go with it, so it was neglected for *months*. This meant we couldn't put either vehicle in the garage for *months*. Ben was not happy scraping windshields every morning. But we finally reached a decision, and Ben finished the cabinet (I couldn't help, since...y'know...asthma...pregnant...yeah.) So the previously shiny black ugly cabinet is now a cherry(ish) and matte black not ugly cabinet. And it has our wedding gift of crystal in it. Yay, it's finally all put away!
As if that wasn't enough, this weekend we had my mom's side of the family over to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I had 13 relatives in my house at the same time. Plus us. Plus our good friends who spent the whole weekend up here. So 18 people, all talking and teasing and arguing and just having the best time. I thought I was going to give birth at one point, I was laughing SO hard. I love my crazy family.
So now...after all of this...I am EXHAUSTED. I am really looking forward to my two days off this week. I think I will sleep in, go to the chiropractor in the afternoon...maybe get my hair cut and my nails done.
I just wish I could think of a way to thank Ben for all the amazing work he has been doing. Especially since this week was his Spring Break! I don't think he relaxed at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment