Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Catching up

We had two more Christmases this weekend. My best friend's family is so generous, they gave Nory (and Ben and I) some wonderful gifts. Nory now has a beautiful handmade quilt that she can play on. She loves it, she gets so excited grabbing at the different patterns, and then she starts flailing around...it looks like she's trying to swim. Pretty hilarious. We finally got together with my family as well, and Nory got more awesome stuff. Plus, she got to hang out with more of her favorite people. I love seeing her play with my brother. She has so much fun with him, and it just melts my heart every time. I'm really glad we got to hang out with my family, but I think I'm more glad that we're finally done with Christmas!

Unfortunately, the trip wasn't all sunshine and daisies. Nory's teething is getting more painful, so she isn't sleeping well at all. She's down to one nap a day, and wakes up at least twice over night. The first night at mom's house, she was up every 45 minutes for about 4 hours. It. Was. Awful. Now that we're home, she's starting to settle back into a better routine (she even took two naps today!) but those teeth really need to cut soon so we can get back to normal in this house.

Nory also got her first injury (if you don't count Mama zipping her chest into her zipper) this weekend. She was sitting up playing with one toy, and she was doing so well sitting that I stepped away from her (making this completely my fault) and she toppled over to the side. She landed face first on her brand new wooden blocks, then fell to the tile floor. At first, I brushed it off, "Oh, she's fine, she just bonked her head" since that happens a lot at our house. Only difference is, she lands on carpet (or hardwood), not blocks and tile. She started screaming, so I scooped her up and was trying to calm her down. She turned her head, and that's when I realized she was bleeding. Apparently, she landed on the corners of two blocks. One on her forehead, and one right by her eye. So lucky that it hit where it did...a half an inch forward and it would have hit her eye. A quick feed from Mama and all was well for her again. I couldn't stop crying though. I felt terrible. Still do. Poor baby. I know these things happen, but that doesn't make the mommy guilt go away. Give it time, I suppose.

Anyway, we are all so glad to be home. Back to familiar surroundings and routines. Just now she has more awesome toys and cute clothes. :)

1 comment:

  1. In fairness to Angie, I was sitting next to Nory at the time.

    ReplyDelete