We gave Nory some avocado last night. She still looked at us like we were nuts, but she didn't choke on it. I think she's finally figured out swallowing and she's ready to eat more regularly. We had been feeding her just every once in a while, but I think now it's going to be a daily thing. On one hand, I'm so excited about this. She's growing and learning and it's amazing to watch her. On the other...breastfeeding is just so much easier. We're jumping into a lot more work. We have to make her food, freeze it, thaw it when she's ready to eat, make sure it's the right temperature and consistency, attempt to feed her without destroying the surrounding area, then clean it all up and get ready for next time. I know, we could use the jar food, but a) holy crap that stuff is expensive, and b) the crap finding its way into our food supply scares me, and I want to make sure that stuff isn't finding its way into Nory just yet.
Also, holy cow this kid is mobile. Still not crawling yet, but when she decides she wants to go somewhere...she goes! Time to start taking a harder look at the safety of our house. For the most part, she's fine, but we have a couple doors we need to fix (so she can't get in the office or somehow down the stairs), a couple gates to put up, and once she starts to pull up, the crib mattress is going to have to be dropped.
On top of all that, her hair is *growing*. It gets in her eyes and she pulls on it makes her look like a goober. Luckily, she's super patient while I put it into one or two pigtails. They make her look so much older, it's kinda heart breaking. But she doesn't pull her hair as much when it's up, and she doesn't have to deal with it getting in her eyes, so she's happier. She's apparently also happier when she's barefoot, as she has decided that socks are not allowed to stay on her feet. She has figured out how to pull socks off and that's about all she does any more. I spend half my day putting her socks back on. Apparently, this is the "tons of extra work for Mama and Daddy" stage of Nory's development. Good thing she's super cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment