We had a really fun evening last night. Nory and I rode the bike downtown and met Ben for dinner in one of our favorite downtown restaurants. We strolled down to a friend's gallery to watch a marimba band preform (so very cool). We chatted with some friends, rode the bikes back, chatted with more friends, and finally made it home an hour past Nory's bedtime. She was in a good mood all night, and didn't even fuss as Ben was getting her ready for bed. She settled down quickly and nursed to sleep, which she hasn't done in a while. I snuggled her for a bit, laid her down, and that was that.
I thought.
At 3:30 this morning, I heard her waking up. My first thought was "Ugh, no. Go back to sleep." But then her cry sounded weird. It kept cutting off in the middle like she just couldn't get it out. I thought she was choking, so I ran in there to check on her. Not choking! But something was still wrong. Ben came in and turned on the light. She had vomited. Poor baby had it all over her shirt, her face, in her hair. Ben took her downstairs to get her cleaned up and check her temperature while I dealt with her bed. When Ben brought her back upstairs, she was "hungry crying" so I settled down to feed her and Ben went back to bed. Nory ate like she was starving, which now that I think about it, I shouldn't have let her do. As soon as she finished and I picked her up, she vomited again. And again. And again. Her poor little body was just so stiff and she was choking and crying and it was just awful. It looks like she's inherited my lack of ability to get sick without further choking. Poor thing. Somehow, during that session, she managed to get sick all over the back of my shirt and the chair, the front of my shirt, my pajama pants, the seat of the chair, and a little on the floor...without getting any on her. Just a little bit on her face and her hand. She's talented. That took much longer to clean up, while she crawled around and played with toys and talked and sang and laughed. So she obviously felt fine. Ben snuggled her until she fell asleep, and this time she stayed asleep. She slept until 8:30 this morning, which was nice. She's been in a good mood all day, so we're thinking it was just something she ate. We let her try black olives, so that was something new. It may have been her avocado, maybe someone at the restaurant mishandled it. Maybe while she was crawling around, she picked something up. Who knows. But hey, we got baby's first puke fest out of the way. So now we know how to handle such things. So...yay?
That was a rough night. I hope you all managed to get a nap. Poor Nory and poor Mommy. It's amazing how little ones can bounce back. Thank goodness Daddy was there to help with the clean up and comfortable his girls.
ReplyDeleteLove you all!