Sunday, July 1, 2012

Monkey love

One of Nory's favorite toys is the sock monkey that Uncle Kyle gave her for Christmas. Lately she's been playing with it in a more thoughtful manner. She'll still grab the nearest appendage and fling it about, but she's also showing it some affection. As we sit on the floor this morning, Nory crawled over to her monkey, picked it up and gave it hugs. Then more hugs. Then she put its face on her cheek. I think it was giving her kisses.

Then she reached over and had the monkey give Daddy kisses. That was almost too much. After a few more minutes of hugs, it was time to go play with something else. The monkey is now at my feet, waiting patiently for Nory's return.

It's the little things like this that make watching a baby grow so much fun. I enjoy watching her mimic the world around her (like the chest thumping from the other night). With signing starting to take hold, I expect the mimicry to keep going. Hopefully we'll even set a good example for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment