Last night, Ben was playing with Nory on the floor and for some reason, decided to do the Tarzan call while drumming on his chest. Nory thought it was pretty cool, so he started just saying "aaahhhhhhhh" while still drumming on his chest. I guess he stopped before she wanted him to, because when he did stop, she leaned over and started drumming on his belly. She's a smart baby!
Later, when I got down on the floor, Nory was using me as a drum. So Ben drummed on her diaper, which inspired me to reach over and drum on his belly. So we were all drumming on each other and Ben said, "Look, Nory, it's a drum circle!" I laughed pretty hard. Nory was apparently less than impressed, as she stopped drumming and started making other noises. Which were immediately copied by Mama and Daddy. We are a goofy family, but it works for us.
In less goofy news, we've been working on signing "more" with Nory. Yesterday, she finally started trying to sign it back to me. I know she recognizes certain signs...she knows what 'daddy' means, and when I sign it, she looks for Ben. But this is the first time I've seen her attempt to sign. I'm super excited about this...now we need to start working on other signs! Like...don't climb on that...
I miss that little monkey. I would love to see all the new things she is doing. Send some pictures, please.
ReplyDelete