Friday, June 15, 2012

That was quick.

She just took her first steps on Sunday!  She's not "walking" yet...she's still in the "prolonging her fall" stage.  But every day she keeps trying.  But apparently, taking steps just isn't enough.

Now she can climb.

She's been able to climb our stairs for a while.  Ben and I have both been not paying attention long enough for her to make it about half way up.  She's SO LOUD when she's crawling around upstairs (she seriously sounds like a baby elephant up there) but when she's *on* the stairs?  Sneaky like neenja!

Now she can climb up our footstool and get up on the couches.

The couch that is right next to the only table in the living room where we can put things out of her reach.  The couch that Ben keeps his laptop in when he doesn't take it to work.  (Yes, he leaves his laptop in-between the cushion and the arm of the couch.  He's *really* weird.)  The other couch that is right in front of the window with the potted plants in it.  

We are in SO MUCH TROUBLE.

My mom thinks this is hilarious.  She likes to tell people about how when I was a little older than Nory, she found me on top of the refrigerator.  (Hey, if that's where you keep the cookies, that's where I'm gonna go!)  Nory hasn't figured out how to climb the kitchen gate yet (give her time...) so I don't have to worry about the fridge just yet.  Although we don't keep cookies up there, that's where we keep the booze.  So if she is going after that, we have bigger problems.

I figure it's only a matter of time before she makes it on top of the dining room table.  Or over the safety gates.  Or out of her crib.

Save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment