Man, we hit Nory's first birthday, and things have gone completely crazy in the last two weeks! SO MANY CHANGES! She can climb (almost) safely down from our bed, she can take steps by herself, she can climb up the ottoman (which is now on the other side of the room, away from the couches) and now?
She can stand up unassisted.
She was playing in her pack n play while I was baking cookies. I turned around just in time to see her let go of the side, squat down, pick up her book with both hands, and stand back up. She's been doing a lot of standing on her own...she'll pull up and then let go and chill for a minute. But this is the first time I've seen her just stand up by herself. So crazy.
Not long after that stunt, she tried to get out of the pnp. She held onto the rail and lifted one leg like she expected it to go over the rail. She's still quite a few inches short (thank goodness) but boy was she trying! I guess I have a limited amount of time left to enjoy spending time in the kitchen with her. I'll just have to wait until she's big enough to stay safe.
Ugh. And now she's standing on top of the shoe box. Time to put that away, I guess. Seriously, Nory. Let Mama catch her breath between your "look how big I am now" stunts. Please?
No comments:
Post a Comment