Sunday, August 10, 2014

Two months!

Bridget is two months old!  I completely spaced writing a one month update - terrible mother that I am - I need to work harder at this!

Yes, Idgie has been here for two whole months now.  We have lots of moments that are entirely overwhelming, and lots of moments that are absolutely amazing. (or abba-loot-see, as Nory says.)  She is an awesome baby, she eats, she sleeps, she smiles...such fun.  She can fall asleep for naps on her own.  She often does fall asleep after eating, but will also just allow herself to fall asleep while she is sitting in her (not moving) swing, or laying in the pack n' play.  She has even fallen asleep at night without being swaddled and slept for long stretches.  She's awesome.

She was born tongue tied, and despite having it corrected within a few days of her birth, breastfeeding was a little difficult for us for a while.  We still have some difficult days, but for the most part, she does really well.  There are days when she is content to simply snack all day, and there are days when she latches on and camps out.  I try to roll with it as much as I can. 

She has started smiling at us (but very, *very* rarely when she sees a camera) and it's just so fun.  Her whole face lights up and you can't help but smile back.  She's such a sweet girl.  Even when she's not smiling, it's fun to watch her.  She takes in everything she can - especially when Nory is in the room - and just processes it all.  She's generally a really calm kid, she really only kicks up a fuss when she needs something, and even then she calms down quickly.  Especially when all she needs is some snuggles.  No shortage of people to take care of that need!

We are starting to hear her voice these days.  With so much noise surrounding her all the time, she's generally pretty quiet.  But more and more, our rare moments of quiet are starting to be filled with a tiny sweet voice.  It's usually pretty funny when she "talks", as it really sounds like she's trying to form words.  She uses her tongue a lot, so it's not just vowel sounds that we hear.  I wonder if she'll be an early talker?  Younger siblings generally aren't, but we'll see. 

Right now, she is laying in the pack n' play, kicking and stretching and using her muscles.  She is continuing to be a strong little girl - she can already move herself around a little bit.  She's almost never in the same position we laid her down in when we go to pick her up.  She's a scootcher! 

So yes, we have had two whole months with our two girls now.  Nory loves being a big sister, and despite a definite back track in behavior, there has been NO anger or negativity aimed at Bridget.  SO thankful for that!  Ben and I are still finding our footing with these two.  I keep saying I'm sure we'll find it soon, but it's kind of pointless even trying.  As soon as we do, either one of us gets sick or one of the girls throws us a curve ball.  It's been a very tiring two months!  But we wouldn't trade having our two wonderful girls for anything.  Abba-loot-see not.

2 comments: