Nory is now in dance classes.
She is *obsessed* with Purdue's Golden Girl. She asks to watch Golden Girl videos on YouTube every day. She sings what she thinks is the Golden Girl song every day (Ben taught her the theme song to the Golden Girls. She is going to be so confused when she grows up.) She dresses up in her sparkly gold shoes and skirt and plays with her plastic batons every single day. It has lasted for a while and doesn't look like it's going anywhere.
I found out that our local YWCA's dance program was adding a 3-year old class. I used to work at the YW, so I know the woman in charge and I know how good she is with kids. I figured...why not? So I signed her up for "dance school". She was SO excited about learning to dance like the Golden Girl, so we had to make sure she knew that she would actually be learning to dance like a ballerina, but it's ok, because the Golden Girl knows how to dance like a ballerina too.
Tonight was her first class. She was so excited to FINALLY be allowed to wear her "special dance class shoes and special dance class tights and special dance class leotard and special dance class hair" all together. She was a very good listener for her teacher, and she tried her darndest to do everything her teacher did. Miss Deedra read "Barnyard Dance" to them, and then they got to dance like animals (which was so stinkin cute). They hoped like frogs and pecked and peeped like baby chicks, and strutted like turkeys. You should have seen Nory's face when they got to twirl with ribbon batons (like ponies with their tails). They also attempted to promenade two by two, which was a hilarious disaster. It was a lot of fun, I think Nory's really going to love it when she comes out of her shell a bit more.
Being a very good listener for Miss Deedra
Trying to promenade with a new friend
"Dis how ballerina girls stand, Mama."
Playing by herself after class
Close up of her rainbow hair ties
Also, Idgie was NOT happy that I made her wear a hat. I'm such a mean Mama making sure she stays warm when it's cool and windy outside.
"You are not seriously making me wear this hat in public."
"You are?!? But Mamaaaaaa!"







I absolutely love this post! Nory looks so grown up, it is crazy. I hope she continues to enjoy her dance classes. What a great opportunity! Also, please tell Idgie that I like her hat.
ReplyDeleteNory looks like a natural ballerina. I can't wait to see her dance! She looks too grown up!
ReplyDelete