Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crazy night

Wow...I was contemplating writing another post tonight to talk about the fact that we went to our very last Bradley class tonight. I was going to write about how much our views and feelings about birth have changed in the last 12 weeks and just give an overview of the Bradley class, since I never really talked about it.

But tonights news really blows that out of the water. Osama bin Laden is dead. The man behind the awful attack on our country almost ten years ago is dead. This is just a strange feeling. I am not sorry that this excuse for a human being is dead, but it still isn't a good feeling. I don't know how to describe it. The attacks of September 11th were the worst thing I've ever witnessed, and I'm glad that now the man behind it is no longer living.

The speech was well done, I think. I liked that a reminder that this is not a fight against Islam. I think too many people forget that. I was impressed that Mr. Obama pointed out that bin Laden was responsible for thousands of deaths across the globe...men, women, and children...not just here. I also, sadly, like that he reminded us that just because bin Laden is dead, al Qaeda is not. Our fight is not over, our troops still have work to do. I wish this meant they could all come home, but it doesn't. They may be in even more danger. My heart goes out to our military and their families, with wishes of safety for all of them.

I am glad he is dead. I am glad this chapter is over. But I am apprehensive of the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment