It's May. MAY. As in...the month right before June. As in...the baby will be here NEXT MONTH. Crazy town! Our official due date is 6 weeks from today. Our Bradley due date is 7 weeks and 1 day from today. This is nuts. This kid is almost here. I am almost a mother. Ben is almost a father. Who thought it was a good idea to let us be parents? Like I said...crazy town!
Other than the fact that I'm having some issues with the realization that my kid will be here in a matter of WEEKS...I am taking steps to make sure that everything goes smoothly once Biscuit gets here. Yesterday, Ben and I drove to Lexi's house, where she gave us her old changing table, pad, and cover, and old baby bike seat, and a huge bag o' baby clothes that her son has outgrown. Her grandmother also gave us a hand stitched blanket and burp cloths...SO nice of her! So that covers all furniture needed for the baby, and I really don't think this kid is going to need any more "stuff" for quite a while. Lex also took some maternity pics for us...she's hoping to get a little side job doing some photography, so we agreed to be models for her. I don't think she'll ask us again, I couldn't stop laughing...I am terrible about having my picture taken. I'm so awkward. Well, maybe she'll ask to take baby pictures, which would be awesome, but I don't think she'll want to work with me again. :)
I also (finally) placed the order for our cloth diapers. I ordered two of each of the diapers that we are considering (except the ones we can get at the store, I'll just pick those up myself next time I'm there) and some extra inserts. We're going to try out the different kinds to see which ones fit best and which ones are really going to work for us, and then I'll put in a big order to cover all our diapering needs. I'll probably sell anything that ends up not working for us. All the diapers I ordered are white, but as soon as I know what we want, that kid will have diapers in every color. I can't wait. Hooray for fluffy butt babies!
The website I ordered thru had a special going on...any orders over a certain amount got a free pair of babylegs. I was literally two dollars under this amount. Yeah, I totally ordered a pair of socks (for $3.50) to push me over the limit so I could get a free pair of babylegs. Babylegs are like leg warmers for babies and they are the cutest freaking things ever. With babylegs, Biscuit won't have to wear pants, which makes diaper changes a lot easier, but we don't have to worry about the baby being too cold. And did I mention they're beyond adorable? I can even make my own, if I really want to get crazy. And let's face it...I am...so I probably will. This poor kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment