My parents came up this weekend to visit and help us get ready for Biscuit. Dad and Ben got the water softener hooked up and working, and my washing machine is apparently working...we'll find out this week. I really *really* hope that the washing machine works. Ben even sanded down the dresser for me to repaint for Biscuit. It's going from ugly scratched and chipped black to a pretty blue. We're going to replace the handles though, they're beyond our aid. (And by that, I mean they're too small to sand and just not worth the frustration of trying to paint light blue over black.)
Normally, we would just paint primer over the black...but we're out of primer! It took all the leftover primer from our last paint project plus a full can just to get two coats on Biscuit's little room. Ben did all the primer all by himself and did an amazing job making that ugly hunter green disappear. Honestly, we probably could have painted the room white and not seen any green after Ben's primer job. He's such a hard worker.
After Ben got all the priming done, Mom and I took over. I picked out three shades of blue to put in that room. I really just wanted the ceiling to be lighter...I hated that the ceiling was the same dark green as the walls. Made the room feel like a cave. But now all the walls are a bright blue. The ceiling will be a pale blue, and the angle between the two on the one wall will be a light blue. I'll sponge between the three colors so it will look like the paint fades down the wall. Once that is done, we'll put up vinyl wall stickers that look like fishies and the whole room will be a little underwater play land for Biscuit. I can't wait! Still a long way to go, though, as the only thing painted is the walls. Still have to do the angle and the ceiling, two coats each, and then the trim. Still, first steps have been taken and I absolutely LOVE it!
No comments:
Post a Comment