We were out of town *again* this weekend. We left Friday night, headed to my hometown this time. My parents' 25th anniversary is coming up, and my sister had the idea to surprise them with a party. The party was great, so many friends and family came to celebrate with them. My dad actually teared up a bit! It was awesome. He even gave a little impromptu speech, thanking everyone and letting everyone know how much they meant to him and mom. All was well until his voice cracked. Just about killed me. I love my parents. :)
Nory was the star of the show (of course) and I'm pretty sure everyone held her at some point or another. She handled it really well, and only started getting cranky towards the end of the party. She was hungry, it was *hot* and she was just done. Luckily, one quiet meal at Pop pop's house took care of her and she was ready to go to dinner with Mama and Daddy and Lexi and Sam. Sam later informed Lexi that "Baby Nory is cute!" and that he is going to be her friend. "I'm going to be her friend about cars, and I'm going to be her friend about trucks..." Such a sweet boy.
Sunday, we had lunch with a couple friends of ours, which was super tasty. Then we hung out with Nana for a bit, and came home. Apparently not quickly enough, she was NOT HAPPY to be in her car seat (again) for so long. We stopped about halfway home so she could get a fresh diaper and a meal and some car seat free time before heading home. She was all smiles until we tried to put her back in the car. I guess she just wanted someone with her...I sat with her the rest of the way home and she was calmer (but still not happy). She was cranky all night, to the point that we put her to bed early, and still seems fussy today. She usually stays up for a few hours in the morning, but today she went right back to sleep. I was glad to let her, she's just so unhappy.
I think I win the bad mommy award today, though. I can't believe I totally forgot that she has a doctor's appointment today to get the rest of her two month vaccinations. Two shots! One in each leg! On top of being tired and cranky from traveling...oh, my poor baby. You will get all the snuggles you want today.
No comments:
Post a Comment