Monday, August 15, 2011

What a weekend!

Holy cow, this was a busy weekend. We headed out of town Friday morning (mental note...no more chiropractic appointments the morning you are leaving town...bad, BAD idea) and headed down to Jasper, IN to celebrate our 4th anniversary at Schnitzelbank Restaurant. See, we "honeymooned" at Holiday World, and we've gone back every year. Too bad that Nory makes HW impossible, as she's too little for everything (including sunscreen) so we couldn't do that. We like to hit Schnitzelbank while we're in the area though, so that was our celebration. Ben even signed us up for their "birthday and anniversary club", so we'll even get a discount next time. Hooray!

We then went on to Ben's homeland, where Nory finally got to meet her Granddad. He was so excited to finally meet his grandbaby! Unfortunately, Nory was NOT HAPPY after that long car trip. I hate that she was so upset when she met him, but by the next day, they were buds. She was a lot calmer when we introduced her to her Great Grandma Esther, who was completely enthralled with Nory. Nory was so good the whole time we were there, showing off her muscles and her smiles. Such a good baby.

Sunday, we went to Nory's welcome party. Her aunts and Grandma worked so hard on her party, and it was absolutely wonderful. It was at the Falls of the Ohio State Park, and if you're ever in the neighborhood, you should check it out! It was so pretty outside, and the interpretive center had such cool exhibits. I wish we had more time to explore, we'll have to go back when she's bigger so we can all enjoy it more. Anyway. Her party was great. Nice and small, so we actually got to talk to people, and she didn't get too overstimulated. Food and decorations were great...Grandma got her some balloons, which she really enjoys watching. Aunt Jen made cookies that looked like little green and yellow onesies...SO CUTE!!! All of the gifts she recieved were so thoughtful. Her Aunt Meredith even made a painting just for her! She is such a loved little girl. I hope she knows how blessed she is to have such a wonderful family supporting her. I think she'll know...her Aunt Jen even made a book for her telling her so! The book is all about Nory...how excited everyone was while I was pregnant with her, and how loved she is now, and how eager everyone is to watch her grow. She made the book at tikatok.com, and I think it's just about the coolest thing ever. Great quality, nice bright colors...it's just great. I think I'm going to have to steal this idea in the future. I think it's just about the nicest thing anyone has ever done for Nory.

When the party was over, we stopped by my parents house on the way home. They're always happy to see us these days. :) My brother and sister also came by to see her. She showed off for them, too, letting them see how strong she is now, how big she's getting, and of course, how pretty her smile is. She really is a very loved baby. Such a busy weekend for her...she got to see all of her grandparents and aunts and uncles in one swoop! And lots more people too. She handled it really well, even though her schedule is *completely* thrown off...hopefully being home and in familiar surroundings, she'll settle back into it quickly. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. We love having you here and showing Nory off. I wish it were easier for you to make the trip. Nory grows and changes so fast! I hope we don't have to wait to long to do it again.

    ReplyDelete