Sunday, August 7, 2011

Two months

Wow, two months already! She's changing so much. I miss how she used to say "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh" when she cried. But I love watching her get so strong...she can hold her head up really well now, and can lift it really high during tummy time. She still loves bath time and hates being dried off. I absolutely love seeing her smile. She's still my little baby, but I think I'll always miss my tiny newborn.

She had her two month check up the day before she turned two months old. She's growing well, and the nurses all remember Nory because of her hair. So yay, they'll know who she is, right? It was a good visit, up until vaccination time. She had the hiccups (of course) so the nurse had to hold her up for her oral vax. She was not happy about this arrangement, even with Ben right there, holding her arms and talking to her. She didn't even have any time to calm down before her next vax. The nurse laid her down, Ben continued to hold her arms, and the nurse gave Nory her first shot. The look on her face just about broke my heart. I definitely cried with her (though not as hard) and held her so tight and told her how sorry I was that it has to hurt. I tried to tell her that this will keep her healthy, and that being so sick would hurt worse, but I don't think she believed me. We took a little drive to help her fall asleep in the car (and to get Mama some ice cream!) and aside from being cranky, she handled the aftermath of the shot really well. She never spiked a fever, but we gave her tylenol at bedtime anyway. She was just so unhappy and nothing was calming her down...we figured her leg probably hurt. She calmed down about 15 mins after the tylenol, so that was probably the case. Poor baby.

We had a lot of fun the day she turned two months old. We spent a lazy morning in bed with her (she is *such* a good sleeper) before finally dragging ourselves out of bed to go to the Farmers Market. When we came home, I baked some cookies, and then we went to a cookout at a friends' house. So much fun! It was actually a "sweet corn festival" rather than a "cookout", so the main dish was corn. Dipped in melted butter. Oh how I've missed dipped corn. I had two whole ears, and I think Ben had three or four. We even brought some home in exchange for the leftover cookies. It was a total blast until Ben got "bird bombed". I guess I shouldn't have laughed so hard, since a few mins later a dog peed on Nory's sling. That'll teach me to let the tail of it touch the ground when I'm sitting. Good thing it missed me! We went home shortly after that. Ben gave Nory her bath that night, and we all went to bed. A bit later than usual, I think Nory was still in party mode. She eventually settled down, went to sleep, and thus ended her "two month birthday". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment