
Apparently, said baby was super stimulated, because she took a very long time to fall asleep. At one point, I tried to "Force" her to go to sleep with the Jedi mind trick. No dice. Ben leaned over and said "These are not the droids you are looking for." Nory looked at him and said "Oh.", like she was all sad that she still hadn't found the right droids. So funny.
I'm not sure I want to take her to any more exciting things like weddings. Apparently, that was just so exciting that nothing else can compare. All day long Saturday, she would not settle down. No matter what Ben and I did, she was just not a happy baby. I think she napped a total of two...maybe almost three hours all day, and never more than about 45 mins at a time. Long. Day. It took a really long time to get her to go to bed, but she slept really well overnight. She fell asleep on her playmat this morning, so hopefully today will be more restful.
Other big news of the weekend...Nory slept in her crib overnight for the first time! She's been napping in it for some time now, but I just couldn't make myself put her in the crib overnight. I even tried a couple times, and I think she slept in the crib for about half an hour before I went and got her. I am such a wuss. But finally, last night, I did it. She really needed good sleep, and she's not very comfortable in the bassinet these days...she's very squrimy, which makes me think she doesn't rest enough. So I put her in the crib, left the monitor off (mostly...I turned it on to check on her a couple times) and let her sleep. She did so well! She totally scooched herself into the corner of her crib, though. Silly baby. Definitely getting a mesh bumper today. Don't want arms and legs working their way out of the crib, that'd be no fun for anybody. But hey, yay crib!
I just caught up on your posts. Sounds like Nory is a busy girl. She is good at handling crowds and noise. Seems to me her parents are doing a wonderful job. I think she needs Grandma to come visit again, to calm things down. Tell her Grandma misses her so much! By the way, everyone tells me how beautiful she is. I'm a pretty proud grandma.
ReplyDelete