Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday update

We took Nory to her doctor again this week. After weighing in at 6lbs 15oz last week, she weighed in at 7lbs, 13oz this week! Gaining weight like a champ! She's getting so big. I'm so proud of her, but I miss my tiny little baby. She's still little, and she's still a snuggler. But she won't be forever and that is really hitting me hard this week. Sigh.

Speaking of this week, Nana came up to visit for a few days. She and Nory spent a lot of time snuggling. Nana even got some awake time with her, and Nory made all sorts of faces at her. I think they were both having fun. It was really nice to hang out with Nana. My sister also came and snuggled her a lot, but would immediately hand her off if she started to fuss or needed a diaper. Aunt Katie is so funny. She made us all laugh when she declared that she would never have kids...she's going to adopt a 12 year old. And that kid will be so grateful to be adopted that it won't have any attitude problems during the teen years. Yeah, Aunt Katie is hilarious. :)

Nory also got to meet her Great Aunt Carol and her kids. They were quite taken with Nory...Carol let all three kids hold her (but just for a minute) and then wouldn't give her up for the rest of the visit. I got her back when it was time to eat, though, and then handed her to my cousin so she could get a bit more snuggle time in. I think we're going to have to bring her out for a weekend over the summer so she can hang out with us. Carol babysat me when I was a baby, I watched her kids when they were little, it's time for them to pay me back. :)

Nory had her first visit to the library this week, too. I had to go in to fill out final paperwork, so she got to meet most of the people I worked with, plus the Head Librarian and Assistant Head Librarian. Oh, and the secretaries. I believe they have all joined Nory's fan club. My coworkers also gave us gifts for Nory...a Dr. Seuss book and a Beatrix Potter box set. I'm super excited about that box set. It's really really nice. Nory did really well on that outing, but I had to sit in the back seat with her on the way home to attempt to keep her calm. I can't handle sitting in the front seat when she's upset. I hope she grows out of this soon...I don't know how I'll be able to take her anywhere by myself. She's usually really good in the car, but I think she was just really tired and ready to go home.

The library also gave us a gift card for the bullseye. I'm not really a big fan of that store, but as they already had the money, I decided I should get something for it. We got nail clippers for Nory (how the heck did I not have those already?!? Bad mommy...) and a waterproof mattress cover for our bed. She gets changed on a pad on our bed overnight, and we've had an accident or two already. I happen to like my mattress, so I don't really want it getting soaked. We were going to buy some fabric bins for her things, but the only ones they had were tiny. Not the size I need, even though they had great colors. Way to go, bullseye. After that trip, we walked around Goodwill for a while. Didn't get much, other than comments from (I think) everyone in the building about how cute she is. Or how little she is. Or how pretty her hair is. Or how interesting her carrier is (I was wearing her in the Moby).

We also gave Nory her first bath, and Ben had his first Father's Day. I figured those deserved their own post, though. About the only other exciting thing from this week is that Nory is *almost* big enough for her cloth diapers. We've started putting her in them during the day, and we keep the disposable dipes for overnight. She does really well in the cloth, even though they just about swallow her whole. She'll grow into them quickly. Probably too quickly for mama, but that's what babies are supposed to do, so I'll deal with it. She's almost outgrown her newborn onesies...they were loose on her, but they're fitting perfectly these days. Shouldn't be too much longer before those get packed up. We have to put her in 0-3 month clothes with the cloth diapers...there just isn't enough room in the newborns! Such a big girl already...I really can't handle this... :)

I also can't handle the fact that her social security card showed up in the mail today. She's all official now. She's a real person, according to the United States Government. So many changes in just two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment