Monday, June 13, 2011

Nory's first week

I can't believe Nory is a whole week old already! This is already going too fast for me. Slow down, baby girl! Anyway, in honor of Nory's first week, I thought I'd list a few other firsts of hers, just for the record.

First (required) outing: 10 June. We had to take her to the pediatrician for a follow up on Friday. Kiddo was NOT happy the entire time. I'm sure the office just can't wait for us to come back this week...

First (fun) outing: 11 June. We took her to the Farmer's Market on Saturday. We left the carseat in the car, and Ben just carried her around. She slept the whole time, but it was still fun to show off our 5 day old. She woke up just as we were putting her back in the carseat...I assumed she would calm down once we got moving, so I hopped in the front seat. MISTAKE! Girlfriend screamed the entire way home. I was shaking by the time we got to our driveway. I felt like such a bad mommy for "leaving her all alone". At least the farmer's market was fun.

First appearance of Nory's belly button: 12 June. Her stump fell off on her due date, and now we have a baby with a super cute little belly button. This ended up being a very full day for her...

First time meeting Pop pop: 12 June. My grandfather was in town on American Legion business over at the Veteran's Home here in town. He was able to come by for a little while to meet his very first great grandchild. He was pretty taken with her.

First photo shoot: 12 June. Lexi came up on Sunday to take some pictures for us. She took some amazing pictures of our little girl, and even managed to make Ben and me look good in the family shots. The shoot went on for most of the afternoon, and Nory was a true professional. Until the end of the day, when her diva side took over and she was just done. The paparazzi can be so tiring.

First time rolling over: 13 June. She's been rolling to her side since she was in the hospital. I had her in bed with me, and thought she was rolling a little too far, so I scooted her away from me and then scooted back a bit myself. She still managed to flip over her left shoulder onto her tummy. I don't think I was pushing down on the mattress, but I hope that was it. I hope it was a fluke. I don't need a kid flipping over at 7 days...at that rate, she'd be crawling by next week and running by July. No thank you.

First walk: 13 June. We walked all the way to the school at the other end of the street, rested at the playground for a bit, then came home. She slept the whole time. Too bad, because we saw two mallards (male and female) and we've never seen ducks while walking before! I even caught my first lightning bug of the season.

First time being worn: 13 June. I wore her on our first family walk. I wrapped her up in her Moby, and out the door we went! It was nice to have her with us and not have to hold her and shift her position. She seemed really content to be worn, and I liked how secure she felt. Next time, we'll see how Ben likes wearing her.

I think that about covers her first week. This has been one busy kid!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Nory is a socialite. I can't believe she has had some many firsts already. I'm glad that your Pop pop got to visit. I hope Nory didn't sleep through it.

    I the way you wrote this post. Maybe you should take up writing.

    ReplyDelete