Sunday, June 19, 2011

Two big firsts, one small post

Nory's First Bath

Last night, Ben and I decided to be brave and actually bathe our daughter. She didn't like sponge baths, so we were afraid of an actual bath. She was apparently afraid as well...she peed on Ben. (Perhaps next time he'll wait until I'm done filling her tub to take her diaper off...) She actually did pretty well. She didn't like it, but she didn't lose her mind. I went as quickly as I could, but she still got a little cold. We wrapped her up as quick as we could and dried her off. I put a diaper on her as soon as her bum was dry, and then started to lotion her up (she hates that, too). We had to give her lots of snuggles after the double crime of bathing her *and* lotioning her. The nerve of us. Perhaps that's why she kept Ben up until two o'clock this morning...

Ben's First Father's Day

I was hoping to let Ben sleep in this morning, but Nory had other plans. She apparently wanted to hang out with her Daddy this morning. So, after her morning diaper and meal, she snuggled up on Daddy's chest and I left the two of them to have their own time together. (I got a lot of small cleaning done, and the house looks *so* much better) I took a picture of them before I went downstairs...I just love seeing them together. My two favorite people on the planet all snuggled up together...love. Ben seemed to really enjoy the time with his daughter this morning. I wonder if that will be our Father's Day tradition...morning snuggles with Daddy. Not a bad tradition to have, I think.

1 comment:

  1. My kids never were fond of their baths as infants. :/

    ReplyDelete