Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Five Months
Nory is now five months old. My goodness. She's still only rolling over her right shoulder back to belly, although I did put her down for a nap on her belly and found her on her back when she woke up once. So maybe more rolling is in her future. She giggles more readily these days, though I still can't get her to do it with any regularity. She has a few teeth starting to make themselves known, so lots (and lots) of drool these days. She's loving her teething toys these days, but I think her favorite is a plastic baby spoon. She does really well with it, she just bites on it. I've noticed she seems to have more control with her left hand...perhaps we have another southpaw like Daddy! She is using her muscles more and more. She can hold herself on her arms really well, and is starting to push with her legs (though usually not at the same time). She is able to scoot around a bit now, so I think crawling may be in the near future, once she figures out how to push with arms and legs together. She loves her standing time, too. We have a walker that she sits in, and even though she still looks super tiny in it, her feet are on the floor and she is using those muscles. Big smiles, too. One of my favorite things that she's doing these days is that she's starting to hold my face. Sure, she gets excited and smacks, or pulls glasses off, or pulls hair...but when she's calm, she just reaches out and puts one hand on either cheek and just holds. Sometimes she pinches, but she usually doesn't. She just holds and talks to me and smiles at me and just completely melts my heart. Oh, how I love my baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's so nice when they start giving back like that- smiling, laughing, cooing... just wait until she starts talking! Indi is 14 months and already her favourite word is NO! : ) Thanks for the kind words yesterday! xxm.
ReplyDelete