Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Snowfall

I had to go to the grocery store today. Didn't want to, but had to. It was cold and raining and by the time I got back inside from pre-starting the car, there was sleet mixed in with that rain. I had dressed Nory in long sleeves, pants, and socks. I put a hat on her head, wrapped her in a fuzzy blanket and (carefully) dashed to the car. When we got to the store, I wrapped her in the blanket again and made a run for the store. I had to dig out a dry cart, one handed, while three people watched and made sure to tell me how cute my baby is. It was at this point that one such helpful person informed me that Nory was no longer wearing her socks. Great. One had landed in our reusable grocery bags, but the other was nowhere to be found. Sad. Anyway, I eventually managed to get a dry cart, put down bags and blanket, put Nory into her sling, and SHOP. (I had to explain to three different people that yes, I was aware that she didn't have socks on, and yes, she kicked them off somewhere in the parking lot, and no, I'm not a terrible mother. I think.) When we were done, I managed to keep her blanket on with one hand while pushing the cart with the other thru the (kinda painful by this point) sleet. I then plopped her into her car seat, unloaded groceries into the trunk (oh, and I had no coat...idiot.) and walked around the other side of the car to buckle Nory in. Hey, look at that, her other sock! Completely soaked and looking totally pathetic all by it's lonesome on the pavement. Poor sock, into the car you go. Start the car, and back home we go.

All this, just to tell you I was feeling a bit frazzled this morning.

But while I was cooking, the sleet changed to snow. And I was able to capture Nory watching her first snowfall.



And that one magic moment made up for everything else today.

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad you didn't get a picture of the sock. I would have been amused by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to go out in that terrible weather. It's amazing how Nory can make things all better. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete