Thursday, November 10, 2011

Two big firsts

Tonight was definitely one for the record books. At five months and four days old, Nory finally got her very first bottle. Ben fed her on the couch while I hid in another room. She only ate about an ounce and a half between two attempts, though. Ben says it was pretty cool to feed his daughter. I do feel a little bad that I didn't allow this before now. Feeding her has always been my job, and I guess part of me wants to keep it that way. It's very special to me, but I know that occasional bottles from Daddy (or a babysitter) won't take anything away from Nory and me. I just have to keep reminding myself of that every time I start to feel sad. She's growing so fast, and I feel like this is the first step to her not needing me anymore. Pretty hard for me to deal with, but I think I'll be ok.



Following the feeding, it was time for Nory's bath. We finally decided that it was time to take the little baby seat out of her tub so she could stretch and splash all she wanted. It took her a while to let go of her toes, but once she did...well. Water was *everywhere*. I think her favorite pastime just got better. While I was watching Ben give her tonight's bath, all I could think of was the first time we ever gave her a bath. She was so tiny and squishy and uncoordinated. Now she's stretching and splashing and playing with the washcloth.

Still holding her toes:


All stretched out:


This kid is seriously growing up too fast for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and your beautiful little daughter. You have many more years before she becomes independent. Enjoy each and every day! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete