Friday, November 18, 2011

Rainbow

Before Nory was even born, I spent a lot of time browsing the internet for toys. I don't want Nory to be surrounded by crappy toys that will break or lose interest quickly. I really love plain, simple, wooden toys...which can be really expensive, but this one isn't. I fell *completely* in love with this puzzle, and I have had it bookmarked for Christmas since long before she was born.


(this picture totally stolen from treefrogtoys.com.au)

Unfortunately, these puzzles are made in New Zealand. Well, I don't think it's unfortunate that they are made in New Zealand, I only think it's unfortunate that New Zealand is SO FAR AWAY from Indiana. I have no idea how many miles away. I just know it's about $60 in shipping costs away from Indiana. That's a lot of miles.

So now I'm sad. I'm heartbroken. I wanted her to have this so badly. I wanted to give this to her so it would always be around as she grew and it could fit into different places as her needs grew. So. Sad.

I am still going to dye play silks for her. So we'll have those. And she will have so many gifts from so many loved ones. I really need to let go of this one. I need to remember to be thankful for what we have, which is so very much. I need to remember that she is such a happy girl, and she will still be a happy girl even without the rainbow puzzle.

Good things to remember, but I still added donations for shipping to her wish list. Hey, the rainbow is the symbol of hope, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment